Houston’s breakfast restaurants exemplify the culinary diversity and standard of excellence for patrons to savor the morning. Whether you’re looking for the best breakfast in Houston, a continental breakfast, a quick pastry and espresso, or a lavish, gourmet breakfast at a fine-dining bistro, you’ll find everything you’re looking for on the following list of our favorite breakfast spots in Houston!
List of 13 Top Breakfast Restaurants in Houston
Here is the list of Houston’s 13 top breakfast spots, offering a delectable array of dishes that will satisfy every palate and leave you craving for more.
- Dish Society
- Cielito Cafe
- The Breakfast Klub
- Baby Barnaby’s
- Tiny Boxwood
- Empire Cafe
- Black Walnut Cafe
- Harry’s restaurant
- The French House
- Dandelion Cafe
- The Toasted Yolk Cafe
1. Dish Society
First on the list of Best Breakfast in Houston is Dish Society. Dish Society was established in 2013 and was originally called Urban Dish in Austin. They rebranded to Dish Society and moved to Houston! Here you first order your food and then pick your table, they have both outside and indoor seating and they also offer curbside and delivery.
Some of their best dishes are their Nutella French Toast and their Chicken & Biscuits. They have 5 locations in Houston in the Galleria Area, Katy, Memorial, Heights, and West U.
- The Galleria Area location is at 5740 San Felipe St #100, Houston, TX 77057.
- The Katy location is located at 2643 Commercial Center Blvd., Ste. B350, Katy, TX 77494.
- The Memorial location is located at 12525 Memorial Dr #145, Houston, TX 77024.
- The Heights location is at 1050 Yale St #100, Houston, TX 77008.
- The West U location is at 4191 Bellaire Blvd, Houston, TX 77025.
- Sunday – Thursday 8 am – 9 pm
- Friday and Saturday 8 am-10 pm except for the Heights location which is open Monday – Thursday 8 am – 10 pm and Friday –
- Sunday from 7 am – 10 pm.
2. Cielito Cafe
Address: Dunlavy St, Houston, TX 77006, USA
Another one of the top breakfast restaurants houston tx, Known for its passion for food and authentic Mexican food, Cielito Cafe is a great breakfast option! Two of their famous dishes are their Chilaquiles and Divorciados. They offer dine-in and take-out and have indoor and outdoor seating options. They have one of the best Breakfasts in Houston.
- Tuesday-Sunday 8:00 am-2:30 pm.
3. The Breakfast Klub
Recognized as one of the best breakfast restaurants in Houston, this is a great option! They are known for their Katfish & Grits and Wings & Waffle dishes. They offer indoor and outdoor seating and also offer to-go and delivery.
- Monday – Friday 7 am – 2 pm
- Saturday & Sunday 8 am – 2 pm.
Named after the owner’s dog, the restaurant quickly became popular in Houston. They are known for their Chicken Fried Steak & Eggs and Falafel Scramble. They have 9 locations around Houston that include the Museum District, Heights, Midtown, Original, River Oaks, Woodway, Downtown, Baby Barnaby’s, and Fountainview.
- The Museum District location is at 1801 Binz.
- The Heights location is at 181 Heights Blvd.
- The Midtown location is at 414 West Gray.
- The Original location is at 604 Fairview.
- The River Oaks location is at 1701 S Shepherd.
- The Woodway location is at 5750 Woodway.
- The Downtown location is at 801 Congress.
- The Baby Barnaby’s is located at 602 Fairview.
- The Fountainview location is at 1936 Fountain View Dr.
- Monday-Saturday 11 am-10 pm
- Sunday 11 am- 9 pm.
5. Tiny Boxwood
A fancier breakfast on this list, but well worth it. They are known for their Southside and Mother’s Breakfast dishes. They offer to-go and dine-in with indoor and outdoor seating.
They have 2 locations in Houston
- 3614 West Alabama Street, Houston, Texas 77027
- 3636 Rice Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77005.
- Saturday 8 am- 3 pm
- Sunday 9 am- 2 pm.
6. Empire Cafe
A Houston original restaurant that has a European atmosphere! Known for their Empire Chicken and Waffles and Traditional dishes. They offer dine-in, to-go, and contactless delivery and have indoor and outdoor seating.
- Sunday – Thursday 7:30 AM – 10:00 PM
- Friday & Saturday 7:30 AM – 11:00 PM.
7. Black Walnut Cafe
Known for its inventive and extensive menu and its ability to combine easy and efficient dining with elevated dining.
They have 6 locations in Houston; Woodlands, Rice Village, Katy, Memorial Drive, Vintage Park, and Conroe-North Houston Regional Airport.
- The Woodlands location is at 9000 New Trails Drive, The Woodlands, Texas 77381.
- The Rice Village location is at 5510 Morningside Drive Suite #150 Houston, Texas 77005.
- The Katy location is at 23233 Cinco Ranch Boulevard Katy, Texas 77494.
- The Memorial Drive location is at 5512 Memorial Drive Houston, Texas 77007.
- The Vintage Park location is at 10623 Louetta Road Houston, Texas 77070.
- The airport location is at 2971 Hawthorne Drive Conroe, Texas 77303.
- Sunday – Thursday 7 am – 9 pm
- Friday & Saturday 7 am- 10 pm.
8. Harry’s Restaurant
Address: 318 Tuam St, Houston, Texas 77006
This family-owned restaurant is a great place to go for breakfast. They are known for their American Classic and The Larissa Plate. They offer to-go, pickup, curbside, and delivery on top of indoor and outdoor dine-in.
- Monday to Friday 7 am-2 pm
- Saturday & Sunday 7 am-3 pm
- Closed Tuesdays.
9. The French House
Known for mouthwatering treats that make breakfast a delight! They are popular for their Crispy French Toast. They offer dine-in, to-go, and delivery and have indoor dining.
- Monday – Friday 9:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday 9 am- 2 pm.
10. Dandelion Cafe
With its opening in 2016, they are known for its fresh foods and friendly service. They are also a black-owned and women-owned restaurant. Some famous dishes include their breakfast tacos and stuffed French toast. They offer dine-in, curbside, and delivery as well as indoor and outdoor dining.
- Monday-Saturday 7 am- 4 pm
- Sunday 8 am- 3 pm.
Snooze is a classic breakfast place. Known for its 70’s theme and great food. Currently, they have their pumpkin pecan pie pancakes and pumpkin latte.
They have 7 locations in Houston; Katy, Woodlands, Montrose, Galleria, Memorial, Heights, and Clear Lake.
- The Katy location is at 23501 Cinco Ranch Boulevard, Katy, TX 77494.
- The Woodlands location is at 2415 Research Forest Drive.
- The Montrose location is 3217 Montrose, Houston, TX 77006.
- The Galleria location is at 5000 Westheimer, Houston, TX 77056.
- The Memorial location is at 600 West Sam Houston Pkwy N, Houston, TX 77024.
- The Heights location is 718 W. 18th Street, Houston, TX 77008.
- The Clear Lake location is 820 Bay Area Blvd, Webster, TX 77598.
- Monday-Friday 6:30 am- 2:30 am
- Saturday & Sunday 6:30 am-4 pm.
12. The Toasted Yolk Cafe
Known for their amazing brunch! They have famous dishes such as Donuts “Churro Style” and Eiffel Tower. They offer dine-in, pick-up, and delivery. They also have indoor and outdoor seating.
They are located at 15135 North Freeway Houston, TX 77090 and are open Monday-Sunday 7am-3pm.
Address: 1102 Yale St. Houston, TX 77008
Known as the neighborhood diner, it is a great homestyle restaurant for healthy breakfast. They are popular for their Chicken & Waffles, pasta dishes, and their day-after-Thanksgiving sandwich! They have dine-in, to-go, and delivery and have indoor and outdoor seating.
- They are located at 1102 Yale St. Houston, TX 77008
- Monday-Sunday 6 am- 9 pm.
In conclusion, when it comes to finding the best breakfast in Houston, you can rest assured that the city has an abundance of exceptional options to satisfy your morning cravings. From cozy diners serving up traditional favorites to trendy eateries offering innovative and mouthwatering creations, Houston’s breakfast scene is a haven for food enthusiasts.
Whether you’re a local or a visitor, exploring the diverse and delicious breakfast offerings in Houston is an experience not to be missed.