- Experts recommend starting the day with papaya as this fruit is a rich source of fibre – a component that keeps the digestive tract healthy by regulating bowel movements.
- It also provides fructose for energy while regulating bloating and lowering bad cholesterol levels.
- Experts recommend keeping a gap of 45 minutes between papaya intake and breakfast to allow this fruit time to work on the body.
New Delhi: Time and again we hear people say that
On one hand, eating the right foods for breakfast can keep the
This summer, boost your energy levels, speed up metabolism and improve nutrition absorption by eating the following foods on an empty stomach rather than enjoying them after a heavy meal.
- Papaya: Experts recommend starting the day with papaya as this fruit is a rich source of
fibre– a component that keeps the digestive tract healthy by regulating bowel movements. It also provides fructose for energy while regulating bloating and lowering bad cholesterol levels. Experts recommend keeping a gap of 45 minutes between papaya intake and breakfast to allow this fruit time to work on the body.
- Watermelon: Summer is when the body needs plenty of electrolytes to stay hydrated through the day. Eating watermelon on an empty stomach is a great way to improve the fluid balance in the body as 90 per cent of this fruit is composed of water. It is also rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, lycopene, and fructose and is extremely low in calories – components that give watermelon immunity-boosting properties.
Soaked nuts: Many times, mothers give a handful of soaked almonds in the morning to their children to improve memory and brain function; little do we realise when this improves the overall health quotients silently. Even for gym-goers or those engaged in any fitness routine, soaked and peeled almonds, walnuts and figs can give an energy boost with their inherent protein and fat content.
- Digestive teas: Digestive teas like jeera water, ajwain water or simply drinking coconut water or warm water in the morning on an empty stomach is a great way to start the day. These drinks are good for bowel movements due to their nutritional value – inherent enzymes, minerals and vitamins that keep the stomach healthy. These can also help flush out toxins, improve metabolism and promote weight loss while regulating hormones as well in
- Vegetable juice: This one may not be as delicious as regular fruit juices that are high in sugar and low in fibre – yet, a tall glass of vegetable juice containing the goodness of carrots, beetroot and green vegetables could be a great way to start the day, especially for women. Antioxidants, vitamins, fibre, vegetable juice could be beneficial for digestive health, skin and hair as well.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.