Oats are often considered a superfood due to their abundance of healthy fiber, antioxidants, proteins, and other essential nutrients. The addition of oats makes our apple crumble recipe a must-have for the morning meal. And here is a delectable recipe for you to try.
In the midst of our fast-paced lives, it’s all too easy to hit the snooze button and skip one of the most important meals of our day—breakfast. At the most, we might opt for a quick fix like a cheese sandwich or a packet of cookies on the go if we do not skip. But what we fail to recognise is the importance of fueling our bodies with a nutritious breakfast to start the day off right.
Mornings can be the most stressful time of day—the work hustle, the household chores, and so on—which is all the more reason to take the time to prepare a wholesome breakfast. Scientific research has repeatedly demonstrated that breakfast plays a crucial role in restoring glucose levels, a vital source of energy that’s necessary for optimal brain function. Despite this, many of us simply disregard the essential meal in our rush to get to work or attend to other pressing matters, often forgetting the importance of breakfast to tackle the rest of the day.
When we go to sleep at night, our bodies continue to function and utilise the energy produced during the day. And when we wake up the next morning, it is necessary to break the fast and refuel our systems. A healthy breakfast not only helps keep energy levels up but also aids in maintaining concentration throughout the day. Skipping meals can result in fatigue, untimely cravings, and overeating during later meals. So, why not give your body the fuel it needs to tackle the day ahead with a nourishing breakfast?
We agree that preparing an elaborate breakfast with multiple dishes can be time-consuming and challenging. However, what if you could make a wholesome, healthy, and delicious one-bowl meal in no time? Oats and apple crumble is one such breakfast meal that comes with the goodness of apples and oats, infused with the aroma of nutmeg and cinnamon.
Oats are often considered a superfood due to their abundance of healthy fiber, antioxidants, proteins, and other essential nutrients. It’s no surprise that oats are a smart and nutritious choice, especially when it comes to breakfast. The addition of oats makes our apple crumble recipe a must-have for the morning meal. And here is a delectable recipe for you to try.
- 3 cups of oats
- 4 large apples
- 1 cup of castor sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 ½ cups butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 cups refined flour
- 2 tablespoons almond slivers
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Roughly chop the apples, place them in a bowl, and add the castor sugar, cinnamon powder, and raisins. Mix well, and set aside.
- Now heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the brown sugar, mix well, and cook.
- Add honey, mix well, and cook until the sugar is fully dissolved. Transfer the butter mixture into a bowl, add the oats and flour, and mix well into a crumbly mixture.
- Spread the apple mixture in a baking dish and top it with the oat mixture, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve it warm.