It is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and what better way to kickstart your mornings than with a selection of healthy recipes designed to energise your day and tantalize your taste buds. We have enlisted a series of innovative and delectable snacks that not only prioritise your well-being but also make your mornings a celebration of health and flavour.
1. Ragi bread rolls (By Chef Aditi Handa, Co-Founder & Head Chef at The Baker’s Dozen)
- 1/2 cup boiled Potatoes
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Cheese brick
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Chili flakes
- 1/2 cup Oil
- Salt to taste
- Mint Chutney
- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup boiled potatoes, ½ chopped capsicum, ½ grated carrot, and grated cheese
- Add 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp chilli flakes, a pinch of salt and mix it well
- Take one slice of Ragi loaf, chop the edges and roll out the bread to make it slightly thin.
- Fill the bread with the veggie mix, roll it into rolls and pinch the sides for closure
- Now in a pan, add some oil, shallow fry the rolls, and have it with mint chutney.
2. Green Goodness Sandwich Recipe (By Chef Aditi Handa, Co-Founder & Head Chef at The Baker’s Dozen)
- 1 Four Grain Sourdough, sliced
- 1pc Green Tomato, sliced
- ½ bunch of Spinach, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pc Avocado
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 pc Cheese Slice
- Cut the Fourgrain Sourdough into medium thick slices
- Chop the green tomato, spinach, and avocado. Keep them aside for assembling later.
- Spread some butter on the sourdough slices, add cheese, layer the chopped veggies on top and then close it with another slice over this.
- Now toast it until golden brown and crispy.
- Enjoy the freshness of the Green Goodness Sandwich! Oh so yum!
3. Cinnamon Bread Pudding (By Chef Aditi Handa, Co-Founder & Head Chef at The Baker’s Dozen)
- 2 cups Brioche bread chunks
- 1/2cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1cup Milk
- 1tsp Nutmeg Powder
- Butter for greasing
- Grease the baking tray generously with butter and keep aside
- Cut the bread into cubes and layer it in a line in the tray
- Now in a bowl, add the 3 eggs, sugar and nutmeg powder. Whisk everything together.
- Pour the custard over the bread and let it sit until the bread absorbs it all.
- Then bake it until it’s golden brown and crispy from the top
- Serve with some sweetened cream and black coffee!
4. Chocolate dumplings with whole wheat loaf (By Chef Aditi Handa, Co-Founder & Head Chef at The Baker’s Dozen)
- 1 pack of Whole Wheat Loaf
- 1 brick of Dark Chocolate
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 tsp Icing Sugar
- Finely chop the dark chocolate brick
- Take a slice of whole wheat bread, place the chopped chocolate on it and cover it with another slice.
- Cut this stuffed bread into a circle with the help of a round bowl, forming a dumpling
- In a pan, add ½ cup oil and then fry the dumpling until it turns golden brown
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on top and enjoy!
5. Avocado hummus and Whole Raggi (By Chef Vivek Tamhane, Senior Executive Chef, BLVD Club Bangalore)
- 1 no. – Avocado
- 250 gm – cooked chickpea beans
- 3-4 tbs – Olive oil
- 1-2 tsp – Fresh Lemon
- 1-2 no. – Garlic clove chopped
- Salt as needed.
- 1tsp – Pepper powder
- 10 gm – Whole Raggi soaked overnight
- Take soaked overnight chick peas – rinse well and pressure cook with a little salt and water for 2-3 whistles. Once cooked rinse it well and drain the water.
- Scoop out the pulp from avocado, add lemon juice, mix well and set aside.
- In a mixer – add avocado pulp, cooked chick peas, garlic, olive oil, salt and make a smooth paste
- Add soaked Raggi in the pulp, mix well, serve cold.
- Eat in the morning to boost your energy levels.
6. Berry Banana Oats Bowl (By Chef Vivek Tamhane, Senior Executive Chef, BLVD Club Bangalore)
- 250 ml – soymilk
- 50 gm – old fashioned rolled oats
- 10 gm – ground flaxsee
- 1/2 tsp – Black pepper crushed
- 1 no. – banana, sliced.
- 50 gm – Mix berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1-2 tsp – crushed Almond
- Boil the soymilk, Add the oats, On low heat Cook the oats for about 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the ground flaxseed and Black pepper stir together. Remove the oats from the heat.
- Top with chopped bananas, berries, and almond walnuts.
7. Roasted Beet, Goat Cheese, Arugula Salad (By Chef Vivek Tamhane, Senior Executive Chef, BLVD Club Bangalore)
- 1-2 – beetroot
- 50 gm – white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp – honey
- 3-4 tsp – extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ bunch fresh arugula
- 20-30 gm – soft fresh goat cheese (you can use any fresh cheese not any processed cheese)
- Cut beetroot in medium cubes. In a pan on low heat, sauté the beetroot with little olive oil for about 2-3 min only (It should be a bit raw from inside).
- Whisk vinegar, Olive oil and honey together – add salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the sautéed beetroot cubes and arugula leaves in a small bowl with olive oil for dressing to coat.
- Place in a bowl, sprinkle crushed cheese on it and serve.
- It’s a good salad for a protein diet which will give good energy for the whole day
8. Healthy Cookie ( By Surbhi Sharma, Chef and Owner, Snowy’s Café in Bir)
- Ripe anana-1
- choco chip-1/2tbsp
- desiccated coconut-1
- Chop almonds, cashew and walnut into small pieces. Once done transfer them in a bowl and add raisins and choco chips. Add desiccated coconut and give it a good mix. Grind one ripe banana and add the puree in the bowl and mix all the ingredients.
- To make crunchy cookies, take small
- Amount of batter in palm, flatten it and transfer on the butter/parchment paper. Preheat the oven at 140 degree Celsius for 5 mins and then bake the cookies for 30 mins. Let it cool down for 10 mins and enjoy.
9. Stuffed Jacket Rechardo Potato (By Vibhav Verma, Corporate Chef, Neemrana’s Three Waters – 20th Century, South Goa)
- Whole Jacket potato with Skin – 600Gm
- Goan homemade Rechardo Paste – 0.030Gm.
- Kidney Beans – 250 Gm.
- Chopped coloured bell peppers – 0.100Gm.
- Chopped garlic – 0.010Gm.
- Tomato Sauce – 0.150Gm.
- Fresh Tomato – 0.100Gm.
- Fresh Coriander chopped – 0.010Gm.
- Chopped green chilli– 0.005 Gm.
- Olive Oil – 0.010 Gm.
- Salt – 0.005 Gm.
- Black Pepper – 0.005Gm.
- Cheddar (red mature) Cheese – 0.010Gm
Bake time: 30 minutes
Bake temperature: 170 C
- In a pan add olive oil and cook the homemade rechardo paste.
- Add garlic, onion, chilli and bell pepper and sweat the above in a slow flame.
- Add kidney beans and fresh tomato and tomato sauce
- Add all spices mentioned above.
- Slit the potato in half and par boil it for 5 mins.
- Allow the potato to rest for 10 mins.
- Sprinkle salt and rub some of the richardo paste on the potato and bake for 7 mins at 165 C.
- Stuff the complete mixture in the potato and seal the stuffing with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake the potato for another 8-10 mins at 170 C.
- Serve the stuffed jacket potatoes with Recheado sauce.