Brunch or breakfast tomorrow? These easy stuffed pepper egg cups have minimal prep, which is a must in the mornings, and just a few simple ingredients. The egg cups are also a healthier breakfast or brunch option.
For these stuffed pepper egg cups you’ll need a bell pepper, eggs, cheese, a can of tomatoes with green chiles, fresh raw spinach, a no-salt seasoning blend, salt and black pepper. The bell pepper is boiled for a few minutes to soften, then stuffed with the remaining ingredients. Bake and breakfast (or brunch!) is done. You could even serve them for lunch or dinner with a side salad or steamed vegetable.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 ounces shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup canned tomatoes with green chiles (Rotel)
- 1/2 cup raw spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon no-salt seasoning (like Mrs. Dash’s Southwest Chipotle Seasoning)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- This recipe makes one serving, but could easily be doubled or tripled (or more!) for more people.
- Use whatever cheese you like best, like cheddar, mozzarella, gouda, gruyere, provolone, Swiss or Monterey Jack.
Here’s how to make it:
- Cut the top off of the green pepper and set aside. Take out the insides of the green pepper and discard. Boil the top and bottom for about 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mix the eggs, spinach, tomatoes, salt, pepper and seasoning together. Pour into the pepper. Top with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes until eggs are cooked through.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here’s how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.